PDIDA is the Pottstown Downtown Improvement District Authority.The Authority manages and coordinates activities as well as promotes the business district in Downtown Pottstown. Although PDIDA supports all activities and economic growth throughout the Borough of Pottstown, it's primary focus is the downtown district which encompasses High Street from Evans Street to York Street and businesses on Charlotte and Hanover Streets, just north and south of High Street.
The PDIDA Board is made up of volunteer citizens, business owners and property owners, who bring their time, creative energy and talents to enhance and promote our downtown district. The Board meets the second Monday of each month at 8:30 a.m. in the PDIDA Office, located at 17 N. Hanover Street. If a holiday falls on a 2nd Monday – the PDIDA Board meeting will be held on the following day, Tuesday.
All of our meetings are open to the public and we encourage you to attend, especially if you are a current merchant or are considering locating your business in downtown Pottstown.
Originally PDIDA was formed to help revitalize and preserve the central business district. During the term of 2011/2012 a new Board was established and a new Main Street Manager joined forces to move PDIDA forward. We hope that you will join with us and say we are "Proudly Pottstown"
Mission StatementThe Pottstown Downtown Improvement District Authority (PDIDA) is a special assessment district that includes High Street from York Street to Evans Street and adjacent blocks on Hanover, Penn, Charlotte and Evans Streets. PDIDA relies on a board of volunteers to carry out its overall mission of fostering a safe and welcoming downtown that results in long-term sustainability for the businesses and organizations that call downtown Pottstown their home. PDIDA provides services that supplement those of the Borough of Pottstown and the property owners within the district. Primary responsibilities include keeping the downtown clean, safe and inviting. PDIDA also creates and promotes special events designed to attract visitors, new businesses, and organizations to the downtown.
VisionPDIDA seeks to maintain the historical integrity of the central business district while promoting economic and business opportunities that make Pottstown a destination location for residents, visitors and businesses. By attracting retail, service and commercial-oriented activities that generate "foot traffic", PDIDA hopes to create long-term viability and sustainability for the downtown business area.
Five core areas are the focus of this vision:
- Effectively managing the public spaces by providing amenities such as lighting, plantings, well-maintained trash receptacles and clean and safe streets.
- Capitalizing on Pottstown's historic past by promoting the historical character of downtown buildings in economic development programming.
- Being an advocate for growth in downtown Pottstown.
- Coordinating with government and other local and regional organizations, such as the Borough of Pottstown, Pottstown Area Industrial Development, Inc. (PAID), The Carousel, The Schuylkill River Heritage Area and the Pottstown Arts and Cultural Alliance, to effectively promote downtown Pottstown and
- Creating vibrant activities that bring people downtown and encourage the community to "buy local."
- Financially Support and become an important partner in our Proudly Pottstown Community!